10/31/09

Gifts from Heaven

I felt so forgotten, so lost and alone
No one stopped by or picked up the phone
I hosted a party, but invited no one
A lot of self pity before I was done

I feel so ashamed now, so humbled to see
That while I was crying
He was preparing for me
A beautiful package all full of love
Sent from my Father, from heaven above

The first was a phone call
I fell to my knees
I realized I'd been selfish
When she said "can you help please?"

Then came a visit so long and so great
A heart of compassion, a listening ear
Some hugs and some books
And even a tear

The bright yellow flowers were such a surprise
A balm for the heart and a treat for the eyes
Dinner with someone who so understands
And is ready with Scripture as much as she can

All helped me realize in this new season of life
I am much different; no longer a wife
Some of my friendships are gone now it's true
The ones who now bless me are still quite new


God knew who I needed to help me today
I want to look forward, to a brighter day
If I keep looking back on all that I've lost
It will steal today's joy and that's too high a cost

I don't need a whole field of bright blooms it is true
The One who created me, He knows it too.
I just need a little vase with those He hand picked
I have the most beautiful, fragrant bouquet
I know He'll work through you just like today

You will keep praying, and loving and such
You keep encouraging, I need you so much
I hope that you all know the depth of my love
Thank you for being my package from above.

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful Chris, very touching! praying for you today!! HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is time (when you are ready) for an update from you Chris! It is always good to know how to specifically pray for you! I pray you are well tonight--that your heart is at peace and that the Lord is surrounding you with many blessings and much comfort. Thinking of you often--and praying!

    ReplyDelete