1/21/10

Walk in Step

Journal: June 13, 2006

""The morning after" Yesterday we heard the word cancer. We thought
we might hear it sometime in the future; but not so soon. It looks like Doug
has lung cancer, but I hate to say that he does because it hasn't been confirmed
yet, and you are a God of miracles. "Yea though I walk through the valley of
The shadow of death I will fear no evil for You are with me. Your rod and
staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23. We feel Your comfort already.
I feel that soon we will enter a cave with many tunnels. It is too dark now
to see the tunnels which may contain surgery, radiation, chemo, job loss, all
sorts of things we haven't seen yet. But...... Jesus will go into the tunnel first
and with His lantern He will show us which paths to take and which ones we
can avoid. One day He will point us to the light at the end of the tunnel and
He will rejoice with us when we step back out into the light.
God give us the wisdom to follow so closely behind Jesus that we do not
stumble along the way.

I looked this up recently while working on my cancer journal; and thought again, as I had soon after I wrote it that this does apply to all of life. I had NO idea when I wrote that all of the twists and turns involved in our cancer journey.
As we begin 2010, we really don't have any idea what this year will include for us - although we often try to plan our own journey. May we all walk in step with Jesus this year, submissive to His perfect plan, curious about what lies ahead,thankful for each moment, each joy, each struggle, and trusting His wisdom and His unfailing love when we don't understand.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the awesome reminder that no matter what the future holds, we can rejoice because we know who holds the future. What a great reflection, especially after our recent study of the Good Shepherd who is there to always lead His Sheep. Thanks for sharing once again- Becky Verduin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Chris! Thank you for sharing this. Thinking of you often today and praying for you always. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete