10/23/09

Memory Quilt


I made this quilt for Becky's birthday by cutting 15 of Doug's t-shirts into 14" squares. She had given him some of the shirts such as the Providence College one and the trucker one. She has two that match his: WWJD and the Seattle Space Needle. Others were a little worn from so many years of wearing, reminders of our vacations, his love of being a dad, a Christian, fishing and sports. It was bittersweet to work on it; missing the man who once wore these shirts while enjoying the memories of happy days that they each represent. I am so thankful for the idea to use these shirts to make a keepsake I'm sure she'll treasure for a long time. - and I have three sons, so some more quilts to make.....

1 comment:

  1. WOW, Chris! You did an awesome job! What a wonderful idea--I'm sure she loves it!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete