1/19/11

GPS

Is it ok that I think of God much like a GPS unit?? You see, He knows where I've been, He knows where I'm going, what lies ahead, and He knows that sometimes I won't like His directions and I'll take my own route. When that proves to be disasterous, He gently talks me back to the original path and sets me on my way again. There is my destination, Heaven, and there are many via points along the way. HOME on this GPS is prayer. That communication with Him whenever and wherever that keeps me connected with Him. He knows what is up ahead for me, and He directs others on their paths so that at just the right time we come up to each other. In recent weeks I have been SO amazed by the people that He has caused my path to intersect with. How incredible that He puts me on route to meet someone else that I didn't even know would be an important part of my life. How I see His direction when the unexpected route turns out to be one of tremendous blessing. How wonderful that He sends me to places I would have never ventured to on my own. He has some very special stops along the way towards my final destination!! and this journey is such an adventure.
I have my list for today, for the week. I think I know where I'm going and what I should do. In reality I could program my life's GPS the same every morning. "YOU decide." I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, I'll do what you want me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment