9/22/09

Where will this go??

Tomorrow will mark three months since my husband died of a massive stroke after 3 years and 8 days of battling lung cancer. I learned a lot about cancer during that time, but I learned even more about life. My heart goes out to anyone who has had a cancer diagnosis of any kind, and to those who are struggling with this disease or have lost a loved one to it. I am deeply greatful for the caring people that took care of Doug, they have a gift of compassion. I know that I will never forget his cancer journey, and that it will influence the rest of my life. I would like to be able to use what we learned to help others. I understand that Doug is in glory because his work is finished. I know that I am here because mine is not. I don't yet know what that work is; but I feel this blog may have something to do with it. Cancer is not a respector of persons. It affects old and young, male and female, rich and poor; there is no one it cannot touch. Cancer also connects people. Those who have heard the "c" word are joined together in the fight to beat this terrible disease; if not physically than at least emotionally. I don't intend for this blog to be used by ONLY cancer survivors, but I do hope that it will be used by cancer survivors. Please leave your comments, questions, and concerns and feel free to share it with others. Chris
.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your blog! Hope it's a blessing to many including you!! I went to a Breast Cancer Survivor's Breakfast this morning and as I looked around the room I had that same thought that Cancer is no respector of persons! What a variety of women were represented!! Love you and will be checking this often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great you have started a blog! May it touch the lives of many and bring glory to Christ :-)

    ReplyDelete